1. Date, Venue, Schedule
1.1. The 15th IBCA Chess Olympiad will be held in Ohrid, Metropol Lake Resort from June 18th 2017 (arrival) until June 29th, 2017 (departure).
1.2. The tournament will be plaid in LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol.
1.3. Opening Ceremony will be held in BILJANA Hall in Hotel Metropol on 18th June at 20:00.
1.4. The Technical Meeting will take place in the same BILJANA Hall on the following day, 19th June at 10:00.
|Sunday||June 18||20:00||Opening Ceremony BILJANA Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Monday||June 19||10:00||Technical Meeting in BILJANA Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Monday||June 19||15.00||Round 1 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Tuesday||June 20||15:00||Round 2 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Wednesday||June 21||15:00||Round 3 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Thursday||June 22||15:00||Round 4 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Friday||June 23||15:00||Round 5 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Saturday||June 24||9:00||Excursion to Sveti Naum|
|Sunday||June 25||9:30||Congress (elections)|
|Sunday||June 25||15:00||Round 6 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Monday||June 26||15:00||Round 7 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Tuesday||June 27||15:00||Round 8 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Wednesday||June 28||9:30||Round 9 LABINO Hall in Hotel Metropol|
|Wednesday||June 28||19:00||Closing Ceremony|
The 15th Chess Olympiad will be playedaccording to the FIDE Rules for play with blind and visually disabled players.Each team is consist of 4 players and one reserve.Each team must bring 4 chess sets, 2 Chess clocks and writing (recording) equipment.
Format and Time control:
- The Tournament will be played in 09 rounds Swiss System.
- The playing time will be 120 minutes for 40 moves, followed by 60 minutes for each player for the rest of the game, max 6 hours.
Team composition must include surname/s, first name/s, FIDE ID number and FIDE rating and Name of the Captain of theTeam. All players must have FIDE ID number.
- Final Players List :
Before the start of the first round, upon the Captains' Meeting,the team Captain must submit the Final Players List of their team in a fixed board order: The board order cannot be altered during the tournament; hence reserves may play on the bottom boards only.
2.Round Team List:
The Round Team List has to be submitted in the Playing Hall in H.Metropol, between 09.00 AM and 09.30 AM on the day of the round .For the final round, the Round Team List has to be submitted before 10.00 PM on 27th Jun. If The Round Team List is not submitted on time, Final Players List will be taken.
According to the FIDE rules, after the finish of all rounds, the final Ranking list of the teams will be determined by the match points.In case of a tie, the following will apply:
- The sum of Sonneborn-Berger points, which is calculated as follows:
match points of each opponent, excluding the opponent who scored the lowest number of match points, multiplied by the number of game points achieved against this opponent.The highest number wins;
- by the number of the game points scored, the highest number wins;
- by the sum of the match points of all the teams opponents, excluding the lowest one.
- Team prizes
Teams placed first, second and third will be awarded respectively with gold, silver and bronze medals.
- Individual prizes
Individual prizes (medals) will be awarded to the three best-performing players on each board, including reserve.
For this purpose the players performance score is calculated if the player takes part in at least 6 (six) rounds (for basic players) or 5 (five)rounds (for reserve players)*.The highest performance rating** wins. In case of a tie the following will apply:
a)mutual results (if all played each other);
b) number of games, the highest number wins;
c) percentage score, the highest number wins;
d) final ranking of a team, the player in the highest ranked team wins.
The prizes will be awarded at the official closing ceremony. The players shall receive the prizes personally.
* B.7.1.1 For this purpose the players performance score is calculated if the player takes part in at least 70% of the rounds (for basic players) or 50% of the rounds (for reserve players). The number of necessary games shall be calculated using rounding down to the next whole lower number in case of result up to .5, and shall be calculated using rounding up to the next whole higher number in case of result .5 and more.
**For calculating the performance rating, the maximum rating difference between two players shall be 400 points. In the case of unplayed games for all calculations the current FIDE Tournament Rules shall be applied.
- As long as the game is in progress a player may talk only to an arbiter or to his opponent as permitted by the Laws of Chess.
- There will be a tolerance period of 30 minutes from the scheduled start of the round.
- If players are recording the moves on the score sheet, they need not do so, when they have 10 minutes left on the clock.
- During play, a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone and/or other
electronic means of communication in the playing venue. If it is evident that a
player brought such a device into the playing venue, he shall lose the game. The
opponent shall win.
Role of the Captain:
- To submit board order on time
- To sign the match protocol indicating the results in the match at the end of the play
- Can advice a player to offer or accept a draw or resign a game. The advice should not be based on the position on the board (based solely on circumstances pertaining to the match)
- The captain shall abstain from any intervention during play.
- If asked by a player whether he should accept an offer of a draw, the captain should answer “yes”, “no”, or delegate the decision to the player himself.
- The conversation between the captain and player shall take place only in presence of the arbiter
- Analysis are not allowed in the playing hall